Dear Mason Gross Extension Division Piano Faculty,
On January 14th, between 6 pm and 8 pm, the Extension Division Piano Department is hosting a studio classes open to all Mason Gross Extension Division piano students of all levels and ages. Please share this information with your students and encourage their participation!
What: Piano Performance Class with Ms. Azusa Komiyama
Studio classes are wonderful opportunities for your students to hear peers play and build confidence performing for others. Extension Division Piano Faculty member, Asuza Komiyama, will facilitate this event providing helpful comments for performance, interpretation, and stage etiquette.
Where : Schare Recital Hall, Marryott Music Building,
Douglass Campus, Rutgers University
81 George Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 08901
To be eligible to perform, Mason Gross Extension Division Piano students should:
- be able to play accurately and fluently.
- have polished pieces ready to play or be in the process of polishing their pieces.
- perform either by memory or with score.
- Bring their scores for the instructor.
(Pieces from pedagogy books and literature are equally fine.)
- Be of any level and ages.
HOW DO I SIGN UP MY STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE?
- Invite eligible students to participate! Inform them of the opportunity and emphasizethe value of performing in front of your peers, and of observing other studentsperform.
2. Please fill out the form below with the names of students who wish to participate
3. Students may drop by the office to sign up forthe class via a sign-up sheet on the center table.
Questions? Please email Christopher Kenniff, firstname.lastname@example.org, call 848-932-1877, or drop by to speak in person!
Ms. Komiyama attended Toho University, College of Music in Tokyo, Japan and holds a Bachelor of Music degree with honors in piano performance; where she studied with legendary Japanese pianists Kazuhiko Nakajima and Yuko Todoroki. She received her Master’s Degree with high honors from Montana State University in Education Research. In addition, she has attended the Music Alp Courchevel Festival in France where she studied with an eminent French pianist, Dominique Merlet. Ms. Komiyama is a certified Yamaha Instructor and has accredited certification in Music Therapy from Toho University and speaks Japanese, Thai and English. Read more…
Thank you for all the hard work you do for your students! Please sign up! The response from parents from the first class was super (Bravo, Karen Dalley, for a great first class this past Halloween)!
– The Mason Gross Extension Division